Connection before content
One of the simplest ways to get people engaged and connected during a meeting is to prioritize connection before content.
Before you dive into the logistics or content of your meeting, give everyone a chance to get connected. Here are three simple ways you could do that.
One of the easiest activities is to simply pose a question to the group, and invite them to connect with a partner. You could ask:
- What is one thing life is teaching you right now?
- What excites you about this work?
- What has been one thing that drained your energy recently?
Give everyone a few minutes to connect, then invite a few participants to reflect back to the group.
Go around the group and invite everyone to check-in by answering:
- Which blob do you most closely resonate with?
Pick a Meme
You can have everyone in the chat select a popular meme as their answer to a question, such as:
- Which image describes the state of your to-do list? Why?
- Which image describes how you are feeling at work right now? Why?
Feel free to find your own images and get creative!